Meet the Thurmans

Meet the Thurmans

April 21, 2007

Thurman Update #31 Written April 20th, 2007

 Recently, I have been devoting most of my time working with Jayson K., for the past five months I have been helping him with the development of a strategic web page focused on mobilizing prayer for Turkey. Currently, the focus is translating the web page into Turkish, Spanish and eventually Korean so that Latin, Turkish, and Korean Believers can use the resources and tools provided on the web site to pray effectively for Turkey.

I will be heading to Turkey next month participating in our bi-annual Antioch Network staff meetings. It will be a special time as I get first hand experience of the ministries and workers that I have been serving behind the scenes through this Turkey prayer initiative.

 Our family is continuing to serve in Nogales as much as we can. I recently returned from a short trip.


Short story about latest trip to Nogales

Hundreds of illegal immigrants are bussed back to Nogales, Mexico each day. They are given the option to go to the Grupa Beta detention center, where they are allowed a phone call to try to get money wired so they can return to their homes in Mexico and Central and South America.

Many hang out, ashamed, scared, and not sure what to do next others are desperate to figure out how to get back into the US where some have family.


Dan Kane and his family have begun a ministry of compassion by providing meals to these immigrants. This past week I joined the Kane family; we prepared and then distributed a warm meal, they were all grateful. Those who spoke English told us a little of their stories. Juan(photo) shared a little of his story with us as he was waiting around for friends that he was detained with on the U.S. side but had since been separated from.

“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink.”
-Jesus



Grupa Beta is a Mexican government-funded humanitarian organization that is involved in helping illegal immigrants. They have welcomed Dan’s effort to provide meals, recognizing it as a crucial need that they are not providing.

No comments: