Meet the Thurmans

Meet the Thurmans

September 3, 2014

April 2013

   
The Vision
A Movement and Way of Life with Jesus: Calling people pursue a distinct life of discipleship and mission that transforms individuals and communities
The Mission
Starting and supporting intentional discipleship communities networked locally and around the world 
Dear Ryan,

Noleen here again!  I wanted to give an update on our search for a new home for our growing family.  This is the house we are praying for. A few weeks ago, I felt the Lord telling me to ask boldly, so that is now what we do. The kids and I intentionally drive past almost daily to stop and pray.

Ethan says, "Pray 24/7 for 1322!"

Will you continue join us in those prayers?  

Hope Fest 2013
click above photo to see more
Hope Fest was amazing!  Hundreds of volunteers came together to serve about 15,000 guests.  Haircuts were given, clothing distributed, medical & dental care and much more. But I was most moved by 'Jesus' washing the feet of the guests   
  
A2J had the privilege of praying every Monday morning with City Serve at the A2J prayer house, for our city and also for the Hope Fest event.  We were asked to set up a booth to pray for the guests who wanted prayer 
 
Last year Lydia (right side)was at HopeFest in great need receiving help for her family.  We met her last year and found out she lives in the A2J neighborhood.  We have been sharing life with her and Jesus has done amazing work in her life.  
  
She has become a core part of the a2j team, giving leadership in our Community Garden & cooking for our community work days.  And coming full circle from last year she led the prayer team at Hope Fest and ministered to many in need

    
Lydia praying for a 3-week old baby
  
there is a great need today for us

to simply be the church,

to love one another,

and to offer our lives

for the sake of the world.

Our Neighborhood
click above photo to see more
Just about every weekend we have ministry at the A2J Prayer House, we are partnering with multiple churches who love and serve our community.  This helps us who live and serve here everyday stay encouraged.  

  
Daily I listen to the stories of my homeless friends as I sit on my porch, walk the streets and work in the garden.  The suffering of mental illness and addiction that stems from the brokenness of this world leads to me often sigh deeply because life is not meant to be this way.  

  
  
Pray for my friend David as he waits for housing.  I've known him for over a year, but had a breakthrough last month when he came to the prayer house disoriented and half-dressed.  I gave him the socks and shoes off my feet and the sweatshirt I was wearing, ever since then he has trusted me and shared more of his story with me. As I spend more time with him I see how we are broken in similar ways, its just his brokenness volume is turned all the way up.  Pray that Jesus will free him from the shame of his past so that he will be able to enter into our community more

No comments: