Meet the Thurmans

Meet the Thurmans

September 7, 2014

September 2014


News From

Ryan & Noleen
Have you ever experienced disorientation? We are, in this current season.

Walter Brueggemann suggests that human beings regularly find themselves in one of three places: a place of orientation, in which everything makes sense in our lives; a place of disorientation, in which we feel we have sunk into the pit; and a place of new orientation, in which we realize that God has lifted us out of the pit and we are in a new place full of gratitude and awareness about our lives and our God. 

 In the midst of disorientation the word of God bursts forth like a flower in the desert 

 
"Do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand". (Is 41:10) 
Antioch Network President






























As I shared a few months ago.  I am now the Antioch Network President. We remain support based so we are thankful each of you who give financially to make our work possible. 

The work of A2J remains strong and a priority for us even with our new role 

I continue to discover all that God has for us in my new role as President.  It has been a joy to see our team grow.  One recent highlight is having Jeff Skeens  join the AN team.  

 
I have known Jeff for twenty years when we first met through Young Life.  He is a great friend and we share much in common with regards to discipleship and reconciliation within the body of Christ.  We are partnering together in different initiatives here in Phoenix.  

If you would like a overview of our past 9 years of work with Antioch Network click here
Noleen's Health
It's me again, Noleen. I have continued to have seizures every couple of weeks or so, but the cause still remains unknown.  I saw my doc last month and he suggests I try third medication. I have not been on any medication for about 6 months because the first two meds I tried had such terrible side effects. I do covet your prayers once more for this process as I am extremely hesistant to start the third one. 
The Prayer House and Our 'Dream' House
The God who allows us to become disoriented...

Wow, what an intense afternoon we had yesterday. The owner of the prayer house called and asked us to be moved out by Tuesday, we were expecting to have until the end of the month (We are still praying that God will miraculously provide a way for it to be purchased so we can stay).  

Five minutes after this conversation the owners of 1322 (the house we have prayed for our family) texted us asking if we were still interested in his house because they are ready to sell (we had not heard from them in over 9 months). We have prayed for this house for almost 3 years. Our emotions are running wild. To quote George Miley, "What is God doing?"  We don't know, although we know He is with us and bringing us to a place of of new orientation.  We wait expectantly for God
'Community and Growth'


 
Beginning September 16th I will be helping facilitate an important six month study with Jeff Skeens (Kineo Urban Renewal/Antioch Network), Sanghoon Yoo (The Faithful City), and Chris Somers (Neighborhood Ministries).  It will bring communities from diverse backgrounds together to learn together.  We also hope and pray that a network for the good of our city will emerge out of this


A2J Six-Year Celebration...Save the Date!

  
Save the Date... Saturday November 8th!  We will be celebrating six years of God's faithfulness in our journey and honoring Him and all of you who have been a part of this with us.  We would love for you to plan on joining us.  More details to come
Contact Information

We are vey grateful for your love and friendship

Love, 

Ryan, Noleen, Ethan, Keilah, Micah, and Elyana 

No comments: