Meet the Thurmans

Meet the Thurmans

September 3, 2014

November 2013

News From Ryan and Noleen Thurman
Update on Noleen and Europe
 
Well it is me, Noleen, again; I guess this will make twice in one year, I must be on a roll!! I write to you all to express my many thanks to all of you for your prayers and support of my family and I during this intense season. It is definitely much appreciated and needed.

Since being back from Germany, we have been to the ER four times, been under the care of nurses at home at least 5, been to the doctors and lab offices...well I lost track now. But on an up side, I took stitches out by myself for the first time-that lessened one doctors visit, and sweet Micah was more than willing to be my patient! Our boys are now stitch free this week, but will have the scars to remind them for years to come. If I were to choose one word to give an update on myself personally, a couple of days ago: frustrated, but now I am hopeful.

After experiencing abdominal pain over the past week on top of all my other symptoms, we ended up spending 6 hours at Good Sam's ER. The CT scan came back with ovarian cysts. Friday, I continued to struggle for most of the day with shortness of breath and low blood pressure and under direction of my neurologist and Ryan very lovingly "making me", we were back at Good Sam Friday night with concern of a blood clot causing these symptoms. I will tell you that Ryan literally busted out into a dance in my hospital room when the doctor told him test came back negative for a clot! But this still left the begging question of why for almost two weeks now, have I had a dangerously low blood pressure multiple times causing numerous other side effects. Basically it comes down to this: test after test, more blood drawn then I even know, more medical staff checking me out then in all my life combine: I am the one in a million who's body is rejecting the seizure medication with this side effect; now the second medication that I have tried to no avail.

But as I sit here today, I am blessed by a sweet husband who loves me deeply, my kids who care for me, dear brothers and sisters who are coming around us to deliver meals for my family, and amazing friends who continue to offer help where needed. I am hopeful for being able to return to my functionally self soon as I am now tapering off my medication, and praise the Lord, I was accepted by the doctors at Barrows Epilepsy Center to be seen by them on December 3rd; it took half the time that I was originally told.

In closing, please keep praying, especially for our kids, who are more affected by all of this than they are able to express.  We are all feeling a bit "done" with it all, but knowing we are not at the end yet. I am continually encouraged by what God is doing in our lives, blessed to think I got to go to Germany and be with some of our closest spiritual mothers and fathers, and excited to see what is to come next.

Love you to you all!
Noleen
Germany Report
You can see photos to the left from the Gathering.  We met at Volkenroda the name of a small village where a modern Christian community has restored a Cistercian monastery founded in 1131.  It was a very meaningful time for Noleen and I to be there together as our role in Europe increases.  Click here to read a full report from George and Hanna Miley
and click here to see more photographs.
Rome Report
I was part of a team of nine with the Kincaids (AN staff) to be part of a Prayer and Vision trip preparing for their move to Rome in February.  The Kincaids share similar vision with A2J and we plan on working together. In Rome we: met and prayed with ministry leaders, did evangelism and outreach to the large immigrant population, picked olives for the Bible College to help them supplement their income, and prayed a lot.  To watch a video about the vision for Rome  
 
Phoenix Report
A2J Phoenix is moving forward the Woodland community continues in its deep pruning season.  There is healthy development in the Whitton community and there is movement towards starting Brentwood Community in the new year.

No comments: